Friday, February 27, 2015

How do you make thinking visible, and avoid being an intellectual black hole?

Making Thinking Visible

I have been seeing a lot about "making thinking visible," and I am trying to do that with my own thinking. In Art Education, the instructor is emphasizing that showing process is both important and beautiful. In Education Technology, the term "selfie your learning" is being used to get at the same thing. Science Education is about the scientific process, particularly through inquiry. In Math Education, reasoning and showing your thinking are being emphasized. This is the growth mindset in action. How do you make thinking visible, and avoid being an intellectual black hole?

 

How do black holes work?

In the name of making thinking visible, I decided to use Storify to document my journey through my Science Education inquiry project: How do black holes work? It seems particularly fitting, since this video poses the question "How do you study something that by nature evades detection?" This Storify will be a work in progress for the next week, so I invite you to follow along, and if you have any resources, please let me know!

P.S. I love how Storify lets me curate across platforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment